University of Malaya International House (IH) is a University of Malaya off-campus accommodation strategically located 2 kilometres away from the main campus. It has 4 blocks with 90 units of two-bedroom apartment for long term (minimum of 1 year) and short term (less than three months) rental.
- Fully Furnished (beds, wardrobes, sofa set, dining set, study desk)
- Fully air-conditioned
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom (equipped with water heater)
- Kitchen equipped with cooking stove
- Washing machine
- Shoe rack
- ASTRO point, telephone/internet line (for subscription)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Nearby supermarket and food areas
- UM Shuttle bus service to the main campus
- Easily access to the public transport route (buses and cabs)
- Wet/night market area is just behind the block
- Musholla (for muslim only)
- Security service
- 24 hours CCTV monitoring service
- Parking space
- Children playground
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Application for a long term rental (minimum of 1 year) is only available for undergraduate or postgraduate students of the University of Malaya.
- For a long term rental, the approval is subject to:
(a) Availability of apartment at the point of application.
(b) ‘First-come first-served’ basis as IH received a lot of applications especially at the beginning of new session.
(c) Priority for full time student with family.
(d) Single student is allowed to share with not more than 3 other friends. However, the contract will be under one name. The person will be responsible as the principal tenant and if he decides to check out, all housemates must check out at the same time.
- Application for short term rental (not more than three months) is open for visiting staff,researchers, short term programme students and visitors of University of Malaya.
- Rental approval and extension of stay in IH is subject to availability of the apartment at the point of application and IH management discretion.
Rental Rate for long term contract (minimum of 1 year)
RENTAL RATE : RM 1,800/month (excluding water and electricity bills)
REGISTRATION PAYMENT : 2 Months Deposit - RM 3,600.00
Rental Rate for short term contract (not more than 3 months)
Daily rental : RM140 – RM200
Monthly rental : RM2500 (no deposit)
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org together with these following documents :
- Copy of offer letter as a student
- Copy of passport
- Passport size photo
Jalan 17/2, Section 17
46400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Phone : 03 - 7957 6908